Friday, May 28, 2010

Miller Park (Milwaukee Brewers)

Milwaukee Pictures



Ballpark Assessment
Category Score (0 to 10)TOTAL
(0 to 50)
LocationAtmosphereFoodExterior ArchitectureInterior Architecture
4778733

The ballpark location reminded me of the Texas Rangers stadium in that it was only accessible by car.  It was located out in the suburbs of Milwaukee.

Miller Park looked very impressive from both the outside and inside.  $5.25 beer (at the low end) was available inside the stadium.  However, for a team called the Brewers, I was shocked to find that there were no cup holders in the upper deck seats I was in.

Game Comments (courtesy of MLB.com)
Game Date: May 28, 2010
Attendance: 32,773
Weather: 77 degrees F, clear
Length of Game: 2 hours, 27 minutes
Final Score: Milwaukee Brewers 2, New York Mets 0

The Brewers' Corey Hart crushed a homer with two outs in the ninth to end the Mets' scoreless inning streak at 35 and preserve Yovani Gallardo's shutout. Johan Santana held the Crew to three hits over eight innings.

Stories from the Road
The morning of this game, I dropped my brother off at the O'Hare airport on my way to Milwaukee.  He had to start his summer job the following day so I got him a one-way ticket from ORD to EWR.  Milwaukee is very picturesque this time of year (end of May).  It's right on Lake Michigan and has a very nice park right on the water with a great view of the city.  However, like Chicago, Milwaukee is very windy.  The kite market has definitely prospered throughout the city.

For lunch/dinner, I went to Benno's, a hole in the wall bar/pub/restaurant between the Wisconsin State Fair Park and Miller Park that was featuring their Friday Fish Fry special.  I had the grilled Walleye instead, which became my introduction to the staple fish of the northern midwestern states.  While eating, I realized that I could park on the street near Benno's, walk to/from Miller Park and avoid paying for parking!  Brilliant!  I walked about 30 minutes to and from the stadium (each way).  I saw a lot of other people doing the same thing.  I felt just like a local.

No comments:

Post a Comment